Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My beautiful pink nails

ACK! I was about to be late. I was hauling ass but the prospect looked grim. *frantically looking around for a solution* I cabbed it. Puhahaha. I thought I was taking the easy way out by not giving Yun Sook a chance to lecture me. I hadn’t counted on the cab driver. *glum* He asked why I was in such a hurry and, because I was in such a hurry, I didn’t think before responding. And the lecture commenced. It was somewhat interesting in that there is a Korean saying (that I had been unaware of) that the reason Korean ajjumahs are always late is because their heavy butts. *cracking up*

(Advertising on the subway. Cool, huh?!?)

Yun Sook and I wandered around and looked at all sorts of stores. The first and foremost being a condom store. Gosh, it was small! Erm, the store…not other things. *cough* Anyway, moving on. Ooh. My new favorite store is Skin Food! It’s super cute and they have cool stuff. I bought a black sugar facial scrub and a cheese facial pack. Don’t ask. I don’t know. I was caught up in the excitement of purchasing things. It’s so overwhelming sometimes. *overwhelmed* And once more, moving on. *nonchalant whistle*

We looked at a lot of clothing stores since Yun Sook was looking for some tops. I held firm to the belief that Korean clothing was not for me. But the more we went into stores, the more I wanted to buy something. (Remember, shoes were no longer ok for me to buy.) So I finally purchased a skirt. I had really wanted to try it on before buying it to see if it would look ok. But in Korea, they seem to have a policy that you have to buy most things before you can try it on. And if you don’t like it after that, you can’t return it but you can exchange it for something else in the store. *exasperated*

I bought a black jersey mini. Seeing as though I had already purchased it, I figured I could try it on. Thank god, I only paid $7 for it. As soon as I tried tugging it on over my hips… Pop. POP! Pop, POP, POP, pop, pop!! I heard all the stitching go. *frozen in shock* I looked up just in time to see a small smile flicker across the clerk’s mouth, kind of a “that’s the reason I wouldn’t let you try it on before you bought it because your American ass is too big for our one size fits all society.” *sigh* I couldn’t be upset. It wasn’t like I didn’t already know.

I did find a couple of gifts for the girls and even found a store with my name! (Jenny’s room) By the time we deemed our venture into public a success, my feet were killing me. I needed to go home. Yun Sook came back to Emo’s with me and we painted our nails. Well, she painted MY nails. Hers were already done. Then we all went out to dinner and burnt the meat in Heather’s honor. *laughs*

No comments: