Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A blah day

Today was devoted to doing nothing. I did not even leave the house. I talked to Matt in the morning, my mom and everyone left for the country this afternoon and then Jennifer Kleckner’s mom called to tell me that I needed to be present at the wedding on Monday. Basically, I sat at home and paid homage to the divinity that is MySpace. Just kidding. Sort of… *sheepish grin*

I did watch a crazy show last night. I think it’s called S.O.S. Basically, they go find extreme situations and then try to help or something like that. In the show, there was a man who was at the mercy of his wife since having had a stroke. He was confined to bed rest and she was refusing to feed him. He looked like a skeleton with skin. It was pretty gross. At first, you think the wife is a hurking bitch. I mean, the man is invalid. The least you could do it feed him.

But then it turns out that he used to beat her a lot when he was healthy. Not to say that he deserved to starve to death but you start seeing the whole picture. Then you find out that even after he had a stroke, the man used to ask her to make him a special meal and then refuse to eat it. Or he would ask for water and when she would bring it, he would throw it on the floor and tell her to go get him milk. All she wanted was for him to apologize but he was so stubborn she decided to try starving him into submission. Anyway, in the end he was rehabilitated and they went to counseling and seem to be trying to work things out. WEIRD!


No comments: