Monday, April 30, 2007

Early and late at the same time?

I was late again! I was supposed to meet Yun Sook at the Edae subway station at 2pm. It was 230pm by the time I got there. It was only after I had called her that I realized I was a day early! Dammit… I was already there! I couldn’t just go home. So I shopped a bit. I consoled myself with another three pairs of shoes. *agog* I had to place a shoe ban on myself. I came here with one pair of sneakers and now I have an additional seven pairs of shoes. *pretending to be upset while surreptitiously doing the happy dance* No more!
Then I had pasta for lunch. *drool* I love Korean food, don’t get me wrong. But after not having any other kind of food for weeks, I needed to have some pasta. Besides, there was a deal: if you ordered a pasta dish then you got a small pizza for free! Well, I didn’t think I would eat it all but I wasn’t going to pass it up either. Along with a drink, the grand total came to…*drum roll, please!* A whopping $8.50. I love Korea.

I got home around 5pm and was informed that Sook Mo #2 and hubby (which would be Sam Chon #2) had invited us out for dinner. Part of the reason being, my Sam Chon #3 was flying in from China to see my grandparents. He hadn’t seen them in nearly seventeen years. (He’s my grandmother’s favorite. Shh…it’s a secret that everybody knows.) He had said he would take the bus to the apartment from the airport so Mom and Emo went out at 530pm to meet him. They didn’t come back until nearly 7pm! Apparently he had gotten the time wrong but didn’t have the decency to call anyone to let them know. (He’s hardly my favorite. Like that’s a secret…) *glares in disgust*

By the time we all squeezed ourselves into one car and managed to get in the vicinity of the restaurant, it was nearly 9pm. Sook Mo #2 and Sam Chon #2 had been waiting for hours! *turning my head the slight fraction of an inch to glare at Sam Chon #3 again* Besides that, I knew I shouldn’t have come. Sashimi was on the menu again. I was pretty damn sick of eating raw fish. Especially since I don’t particularly care for tuna and that’s all this restaurant served. Granted it was pretty to look at since it was all different kinds of tuna but it was tuna nevertheless. *grimace*

Although I was extremely irritated, I did notice something peculiar about the neighborhood when we got out of the car. I just couldn’t put my finger on it. As soon as we were finished with dinner and stepped outside again, it hit me. WEED! Yup, yup. That’s what it smelled like. I was cracking up and told my mom. After a few moments, she had to agree. Man, it was pungent. Anyway, we went up to my aunt and uncle’s apartment where we were greeted by their UGLY Pekingese. Its homeliness was enhanced by the fact that my relatives had decided (for some insane reason) to dye its ears and tail a fluorescent yellow.

After some more small talk, we loaded back up in the car to head back to Emo’s. She was in a hurry because she had forgotten it was her husband’s birthday and it seemed he was a bit miffed. As we left, Sook Mo handed me a present. *hesitant…* I am very appreciative that she wanted to get me something. However, the fact of the matter is, her taste is very different from mine. So I ended up with a silver purse and an overly glittery bracelet. *pokes at it with a stick* Oh, well.


No comments: