Thursday, April 26, 2007

I love me some milk

Today was a lazy day. I think I’m entitled every now and then. I went outside for a food run about noon-ish. I targeted the local drug store, the Tous les Jours bakery and the Seven Eleven. I don’t know if I ever explained about Korean stores and I’m too lazy to recheck my past blogs so I’ll just tell you again. *yawns* The stores here are not like our grocery stores in the States. If you want school supplies, you go to the stationary store. If you want anything medical, you go to the pharmacy. (Although the confusing thing for me is why the pharmacy stocks up in hair dye…) If you want bread, you CAN go to the supermarket but why would you when you can get better at the bakery? And so on and so forth, you get the idea.

Anyway, I needed waterproof Band-Aids for my navel so I could shower. It’s really not a good thing if I can’t shower. And besides, I wanted an excuse to say navel. I really don’t use that word often enough. Probably because I don’t LIKE it. Belly button is so much cooler. Oh, yeah. *tries valiantly to redirect myself* Back to the topic at hand…I also needed to go the bakery because I can’t go a day without my rice cake donut! And finally to the Seven Eleven because Heather and Liz wax poetic over these triangle sushi type rolls they sell there so I wanted to try one out. (Much to my dismay because they SUCK!) *glares at the sisters for their bad taste*

But I was able to get multiple flavors of milk and that made me supremely happy. *doing the happy dance while simultaneously shaking my banana milk, strawberry milk, coffee milk and chocolate milk* Bliss! I don’t know if this next part if funny or not but I thought so. I offered my mom some milk in the kitchen and asked her what flavor she wanted. She announced loudly, “Coffee!” Unfortunately, the word for coffee and the word for nosebleed in Korean sound remarkably similar. And due to my mother’s penchant for nosebleeds since arriving, her proclamation (misheard by the grandparents in the living room as nosebleed) causes a miniature ruckus as toilet paper was quickly procured. *amazed by the quickness*

On that note, we finally found out why Mom was continuously erupting a bloody geyser from her nasal cavity. She went to the doctor’s and they found that a small hole had developed inside her nose. (As to why that hole appeared in the first place, we are as yet unsure. I blame pollution.) In any case, that hole had the misfortune to be located where five capillaries joined and therefore when Mom did get a nose bleed, it was massive. Ew. So they sent her home with some medication to ingest as well as spackling breach with some sort of ointment.

As for me, I spent most of the day blogging and drinking my milk. YAY, MILK! Then randomly, Chi declared that his mother was not allowing him to come home for the evening and asked if I wanted to meet up for dinner. DAMMIT! I was still in my pajamas and in dire need of a shower. *panic!* I was late. But not too late…maybe ten or fifteen minutes? Hey! That’s pretty good for me. *bursting with pride* We had Soon Tofu for dinner, which was yum, and then decided to go to a bar to chat for a while.

A while lasted until midnight. It was interesting. I don’t often get an opportunity to carry on a meaningful conversation as most communications these days are pretty superficial. I was surprised because Chi and I didn’t really know each other in school but it was cool to get to know more about him. I must say, Korean men are a PAIN to talk to sometimes though. Especially me, being the person that I am, I can’t help but disagree and argue my point. But I’m not disagreeing with every other issue just to be difficult. I honestly don’t agree! Finally we decided to call it a night. As he said, too much introspection leads to massive headaches from thinking too much. *laughs*

No comments: