Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Three cheers for Christine's dad!

ARGH! I knew I shouldn’t have bought the bra and underwear. Korean clothes just don’t fit me. For whatever reason, the bra is super pointy. And not only that, the bra cups are so close together that I feel like my breasts are either gathered into the center of my chest or hanging out the side. And the underwear…it felt like it would fit. But after wearing it for about an hour, I realized that the leg holes were slowly but surely cutting off the blood supply to my legs. YES! Another awesome purchase. *chucks the bra and underwear back into the shopping bag in disgust* Especially since you can’t return anything in Korea. *cries*

I talked to Matt for a while this morning and then Christine called. She had been asked by a few of the high school kids to stop by the school this afternoon and she wanted to know if I wanted to tag along. OF COURSE! What other opportunity would I have to go on base otherwise? Besides, I got hang out with Christine again! *worships the ground she walks on* (I hope I’m not freaking her out. Puhahahaha.) Anyway, we met up at a subway station and walked into Camp Coiner.

Mr. Koroki was nice enough to meet us there. Apparently there had been an insane telephone message relay going on to try and find someone who had a car and could sign us onto the base. It took four people and multiple phone calls but we managed. My gratitude to all of you for your diligence and effort. *bows* In any case, the most major change I saw was the overpass between main post and south post. COOL! I remember my driver’s ed teacher not allowing us to drive off of south post because had we gotten into an accident in the ten feet of Korean land between bases, there would have been hell to pay.

First things first, Popeye’s for lunch! Woohoo!! I miss going to Popeye’s every day. *overcome with nostalgia* Then we walked over to the ROTC building so that Christine could meet with the kids during their study period. I don’t think I had ever been in that section of the school before. I had taken French and Health upstairs but the ROTC part of the building was a little intimidating… *cringes* And since I had only gone to SAHS for two years, I didn’t know most of the teachers there much less the ones that were left. But it was fun to see the school and look around. Except, whoever decided that random things on campus needed to be painted blue (i.e. the trash cans, the picnic tables, random walls…) needs to be held accountable for their bad taste!!

Chi’s work had brought him to base today as well so he met up with us around 2pm. Since some of the girls wanted to meet up with Christine that evening at Dragon Hill, we decided to hang around the base until then. Once again, eating was on the agenda. And this time, Oasis. We just split an appetizer plate. I got an virgin strawberry daiquiri. But wait…where was the whipped cream?!? *completely crestfallen* Having no idea what to do next, we tossed around a couple ideas then decided that mini golf might be the best way to pass the time until 7pm.

I didn’t know there was mini golf on base! *amazed* And it even had a red and a blue fountain. Well, a blue fountain for sure. I think the other one was suppose to be red. It really came closer to being pink, rather like someone had been murdered and tossed in. *grossed out* It was fun! Although after the first couple holes, Chi and Christine were standing guard whenever there was a water hazard because I have a tendency to aim for them. ACCIDENTALLY! I swear!! It WAS funny to see Chi running after my golf ball and trying to fish it out of the gross water with his golf club. *laughs*

At that point, Christine took charge of my camera. I think I have at least fifty pictures just from today! It was funny because at one point, the sound recording somehow got switched on and we were SO confused. Every time we would look back on a picture, you could hear us saying in the background “Look! It’s doing it again… What is it? How do you turn it off??” *giggles hysterically* We did eventually find a way to shut it off. And then…MORE EATING!

Anthony’s pizza was the food of choice. Yum! I hadn’t had that in years!! I was really sad when we had gone to Dragon earlier and the Anthony’s there had been replaced by Pizza Hut. *SACRILEDGE!!* I felt like that part in White Chicks where the rich girl screeches (in the stereotypical valley girl accent), “Oh my god. Give me a pen. GIVE ME A PEN! You know what I’m going to do? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I’M GOING TO DO?!? I am going to write a letter.” You may have to watch the movie to understand. *laughs*

The funniest thing about the entire time was Christine's fascination with her own fingernails. The last time I met up with her, they had been a bright red. This time, they were a brilliant blue. It was funny because it nearly matched the paint job on the school. I asked her if she was trying to be the next school mascot. *grin* Not to say that I blamed her for her fascination because she has the cute Asian fingernails. *seething with jealousy due to my own stubby digits* But we had quite a few pictures of them including the one where she was pretending to squish the Namsan Tower!

We eventually met up with a couple girls at Dragon and then decided to head off base for more food. *groans in pain* Mr. Koroki picked us up and drove us back to Camp Coiner to sign us out. (THANK YOU!! You’re the best!!!) We went to Dongbu and had chicken. *drool* It was fun to talk to the girls even if Chi kept reprimanding me for being a bad influence because he’s an uptight, conservative Korean male. *glares in jest* And I got a new friend on MySpace out of it. Woohoo! And really, what more could you ask for out of life?

No comments: