Wednesday, May 9, 2007

A sleepless night

I didn’t sleep last night. My sleeping pattern got messed up at some point and I had the brilliant idea that staying up a whole night might tweak me back into a regular mode. (Not thinking that in a few days I will be back in the States and it won’t matter! *sigh*) In the midst of my psychosis, I had another intelligent idea. I began the long process of downloading Warcraft. Let the addiction begin… Not to worry though, it was just the 10-day trial and it’s not like I’ll be playing it on the road trip. *crosses fingers*

The whole night wasn’t a loss. I was SO far behind on my blog but I did manage to catch up a bit. I think I got seven or eight entries done. *pats self on back* Emo was up most of the night too. She said she had too much coffee so she spent most of the night cleaning the house. (I am beginning to see where my mild case of OCD comes from.) *bleary eyed* She then went off to work only to return in the afternoon to take me and the grandparents to lunch. Her co-workers had given her money to take us to a nice Japanese restaurant, Sapporo.

The only nice thing I can say about the place was it had cool seating, kind of like that place I went to with Chi and Christine. But MY GOD, I am SO sick of sashimi. I can say that I had not even had it before coming to Korea this trip and I’ve been having it almost every other day. I DON’T LIKE FISH! I was just being polite!! Please, for god’s sake, I would like some real food!!! *cries in hunger* At least it was pretty to look at. *sniff*

I met up with Jennifer, Levi, Franklin, Mindy and Ray at Inchon station later that evening. I was vastly entertained on the way there by a woman on the train. She was wearing her pants so tight that not only could you see her prominent underwear line but the very muscles of her butt…which would twitch with a random regularity that I found hilarious. *staring yet again* Anyway, we went to Sookdae for dinner. Rob met up with us there and Misil came a lot later. The food was SOOOO good! *faints with happiness* It was…uh, chicken kalbi? Whatever. We got the spicy kind with ddok and noodles and the cheesy kind with potatoes. YUM!! (Sorry, I was too hungry to take a picture.)

I think the most startlingly funny part of the entire evening was when Rob was telling us about his favorite Korean food but he couldn’t remember the name of it. He kept saying bulgogi ttang but there isn’t such a thing. Basically, he was saying it was bulgogi but in a soup (which is what the ttang part means in this case.) Misil was trying to convince him it was either something else or it was just bulgogi with a lot of liquid. In the midst of their heated debate, Misil dramatically splashed the remainder of her beverage into the remnants of our chicken kalbi and queried, “Then what do you call THIS? Chicken kalbi ttang?!?” *a moment of utter silence before everyone burst into hysterical laughter*

When we left it was POURING rain. *drenched even with an umbrella* Jennifer wanted to get bingsoo but the place was closed. Luckily there was a noraebang next door so we took refuge there. Between the mood lighting that cost a dollar, Misil double fisting the mikes and learning Levi could rap Eminem with the best of them, we had a good time. I hope Jennifer and Levi have a great time on their trip and a great rest of their life! *smiles*


No comments: