Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A mistaken sense of direction

I was rudely awakened by a phone call. And then my ears were assaulted by the piercing tones of Sook Mo #1. She was calling to schedule family time for me and Jung Min. The story goes, Jung Min was scheduled for an overnight rehearsal and therefore had the morning off. Instead of letting the poor girl sleep, Sook Mo thought it would be fantastic for her to spend that time with me. *still trying to wake up* I called Jung Min posthaste and set up a meeting. Ok. Myong Dong at 1pm. Good-bye.

I got there. On time, no less. Without thinking, I exited at the first exit I saw. *a moment of hesitation* Uh…did we even set up a place to meet? Now that I think about it, I think I pick exit #1 because that’s the one I always went to whenever I met up with Yun Sook. My bad! Because I was WRONG! After waiting for nearly half an hour, I decided to call her. But I had forgotten to bring her number with me! *smacks self in head* I scrounged some coins out of my purse and dialed Emo’s. My grandmother answered and then it occurred to me, this could prove to be difficult. *hangs head in despair*

After attempting to pry information out of the old lady while watching the money in the payphone drain away to nothing, I finally asked to speak to someone else. Luckily, Hyun Ho was home. I told him excitedly exactly where to find my notebook with all the phone numbers only to have him casually remark that he couldn’t read my handwriting. *doom* The only one he could recognize was the shoe shop. I quickly memorized the number (there was an echo of remembrance in my head that made it much easier than it would have been otherwise) and dialed with trepidation.

Sure enough, Sook Mo’s outrage was clearly heard at the far corners of the subway station. Jung Min had been waiting for THIRTY minutes! *cringe* I was forced to borrow a pen from a hapless bystander who seemed to be sympathetic and I was able to write down Jung Min’s cell and finally meet up with her. Gah… We laughed about it after I had recovered my composure a bit. *sheepish grin* The Outback was our first stop. We needed to eat! I nearly needed to be rolled out after we ate. I was SO FULL. (Do I sense repetition here?) Then I realized I had forgotten my camera battery…

I did a little shopping, we hung out a bit and then it was time for Jung Min to head back to school. I’m glad we ended up hanging out even though she was sleep deprived and I was lost for a bit. I’m going to miss her!

No comments: