Thursday, March 29, 2007

Today, I am Sleeping Beauty.

Yesterday, I couldn’t get myself to sleep. Today, I couldn’t wake up! I slept in until noon. It may have also has something to do with this awful humidity and heat. Yuck. It makes me so lethargic. Not that it explains why I sleep so much at home… But that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! When I finally got up, I was so freaking full from the big dinner I had last night that I didn’t even want to THINK about food. Well, not until three-ish when I got hungry again.

Lori, Alanah and I went to Red Lobster to eat lunch. Then we went over to Sonjia’s house. Lori was getting her stuff ready to move back into her mother’s and I was hoping to get on the internet without having to buy something to eat every half hour. Sadly, I couldn’t get my laptop hooked into her internet. I couldn’t even work on her computer because I have Microsoft Office 2007 and it seems you have to download something to bridge the difference between the old Office and the new. I didn’t have time to do that. Grr… At least Lori was productive.

I crashed again for a nap when we got back. The weather station was spouting off that we were under a tornado watch and a flood watch as I headed back to the bedroom. Yep, definitely nap time. Soon after I woke up, Sonjia came home with Ashley. (She doesn’t like me again. *sigh*) I snapped a few pictures of Emo with Ashley though. While they were taking a look at it, Emo said something like, ‘I look so old.’ Ashley’s response was immediate and vehement. ‘You’re not old! My MOM’S old!!’ *laughs hysterically* I’m sure Sonjia just loved that!

Dinner was from the drive thru at A&W/Long John Silver’s. I only wanted to go because I was craving a root beer float but I figured I probably needed to eat something too. So I got some fish stick things. (I’m not a big fish fan. Can you tell?) Sonjia and Lori looked at me like I was crazy as I proceeded to pick all the fish out from the breading. WHAT?!? I don’t particularly like breaded stuff! The fish part wasn’t that bad. In the meanwhile, I got a text message from Matt. I had messaged him earlier that we were under a tornado watch. His response? COOL!

And no day would be complete without my cousins ruthlessly teasing poor old me. *laughs* I came to the realization, after Sonjia so nicely and LOUDLY made the announcement, that whenever I talk to Matt on the phone I do the ‘girly hair twirling thing.’ *dies from embarrassment* I tried to stop once she pointed it out but I kept finding my fingers in my hair. I retreated to the bedroom posthaste. I love my cousin…

No comments: