Friday, March 30, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I snoozed in for a bit this morning but eventually I decided I had better get up and pack if I really wanted to go home. It was about 10am. Suddenly, I realized that Sonjia was still home. Was the girl not going into work today?? It turns out, due to the fact I had threatened to take her picture today, she had decided to straighten her hair. It seems the process takes HOURS. Crazy girl… On the fun side, I heard her coming out of the bathroom as I was walking down that hall so I decided to scare her. *standing perfectly still one inch from the door with an evil grin* It worked.

I thought her eyes were going to bug out of her head as she stepped back in terrified silence. That was just before she stepped forward with an open hand and slammed me so hard in the chest that I hit the opposite wall. Oh my god. I thought my lung had collapsed until I realized the reason I couldn’t breathe was because I was LAUGHING SO HARD! By then Sonjia had managed to stagger down the hall and collapse on her parents’ bed in hysterical giggles. I was rolling on the floor. Good times were had by all. Well, except for my poor abused chest. But, as Sonjia later said, at least she hadn’t punched me in the face.

She left for work soon after the incident. She claims it was so she could get some work done before taking me to the airport but I think she was just embarrassed. *puhahahaha* I did manage to take a shower and pack my bags. The one scary thing being, everything fit in my bags better than when I had packed to come to Oklahoma. They even felt lighter even though I had gone shopping! *paranoia that I’m forgetting something* Then Lori left. (She was taking Alanah and moving to her mom’s house in Houston.) *waving bye-byes!*

Brandon and Heath came over in the afternoon to move some furniture to the new house. Then we grabbed Ashley (a.k.a. big Ashley a.k.a the girlfriend a.k.a Brandon’s baby momma) and went out for lunch. The restaurant of choice: El Charro. Oh, my stomach was ANGRY by the time they dropped me off at the house. I did at least get a picture of Ashley. She wasn't so keen until my evil eye scared her in submission. It really is a useful thing sometimes. Then Sonjia picked me up to go to the airport. It didn’t take too long. *sadness for leaving the cousins…sniff* Hugs later, I was in line to check my bags. It took forever.

There were only two people working at the Northwest counter and each had a customer with a problem. Now, it wouldn’t have mattered since I had checked myself in but I needed someone to tag my bags!! One of the CSAs ignored the line of us completely. The other CSA would randomly glance up from the phone and look honestly surprised every time she saw us standing there. And even more bewildered when she saw the line was growing. (And this is even after we told her we would be more than happy to go away if she would just tag our bags.) *shakes head in disgust*

The journey home was atrocious. As I mentioned earlier, my stomach was angry. To top it off, they threatened to cancel my flight due to the hurricane alert that had still not cleared. Wireless internet was not accessible, both at the Tulsa airport and in Minneapolis. (I know it doesn’t make sense to fly to Tulsa via Minneapolis but that’s what happened, OK?!?) As you can tell, if you were paying attention, I did manage to make it to Minneapolis. My flight there was delayed. Then it was further delayed because a family decided they didn’t want to wait so they deplaned, which meant their bags had to be taken off the plane as well. ARGH!! *pulls hair out*

I did manage to make it home. I didn’t even maim anyone in my state of frustration. Matt was a sweetheart and picked me up even though it was nearly 1am. *brownie points for you!!* And finally, I was home. *a BIG sigh of relief*

No comments: