Tuesday, March 27, 2007

If I was stranded on an island, I would want…the internet.

Someone SAVE me!! There is no internet at the house. There is no coffee shop in this area with wireless. I am…in hell.

Just kidding. Well, about the hell bit. There is really no internet as far as the eye can see. Perhaps even farther. It is just bizarre that there is no Starbuck’s here. I know, I know. I come from The Land of Starbuck’s, where three can be found on the same block and still manage to stay in business. But I honestly thought Starbuck’s had infiltrated all corners of the globe. Can someone fire off an email to corporate to let them know of their oversight? Muskogee, Oklahoma is devoid of all things Starbuck’s. Maybe they could schedule an opening sometime soon. Tomorrow looks good in my calendar. *slightly desperate*

Actually, it was nice to just relax for a bit and get caught up on some of my writing. McDonald’s was on the menu for lunch and then Lori took me to the mall. Side note: Lori is Sonjia’s friend who is staying with them for a little while. She has a little girl, Alanah, who is almost a year and a half. SUPER CUTE! Anyway, I had a specific reason to go to the mall. (Those of you that know me, grab the smelling salts and don’t pass out now.) I was on a mission to buy… *drum roll, please!* Bras.

Yes, yes. I finally caved into social convention and bought some torture devices. But it wasn’t because Jeannie had been telling me over and over again through the years that gravity was going to work its horrors on these minute specimens. It was because I came to the realization that you can see everything through my new summer clothes. And by everything, I mean EVERYTHING. So I made the choice to not to blind everyone in the western hemisphere. If you want to send me a thank you card, email me and I’ll be sure to send you my address. Presents would be even more appreciated. *wink*

In the meanwhile, the floodgates in the sky opened and God decided to submerge the earth once more. Screw your covenant, Noah. Muskogee needs to go. Or maybe I was the only one on His bad side today. I texted Sonjia while she was at work, it wasn’t raining there and she wasn’t even that far away. I felt like Eyeore with my own personal rain cloud. *sniffles* Actually, it was probably closer to a personal waterfall at the rate the rain was falling. Brandon stopped by later in the afternoon with his little munchkin. Ok, so little is the WRONG word. That child is huge! If I didn’t know better, I would have sworn Jaxon was a three year old. He doesn’t look like he’s one at all. But you know what he does look like? Uncle Hershel’s mini-me. *laughs*

Brandon and I stepped out to grab pizza for the crew. It was nice to spend some time with him since it had been a couple years since the last visit. When we got back, the entire driveway was full of cars. He revealed his country roots when he decided to drive his truck over the lawn and practically parked in the walkway in front of the door. We grabbed the food, got out and walked into to utter chaos. There was Uncle Hershel and Emo, Lori with Alanah, Sonjia had just gotten home from picking up little Ashley, Brandon’s Ashley was there with Jaxon along with her mother (Stacy) and the two of us.

Ashley looks like Sonjia and she’s so grown up! She looks older than her age too. Do they just breed them big in Oklahoma? Sonjia and I made a run to Lowe’s and Office Depot after dinner before calling it a night. It turns out there is a Starbuck’s by her office so she’s going to drop me off there on her way in to work so I can get some stuff done. Maybe Brandon can rescue me mid-day. Otherwise, I guess I’ll have to buy a cup of coffee an hour or something!

No comments: